viernes, 8 de noviembre de 2013

Experiencias De Voluntarios De ICYE STEPS

Pin-Chu Liang (Taiwan) Project Basida Navahondilla

The first week at Basida was hard for me, the people here are nice and friendly but the language problem really frustrated me. Most of them couldn’t speak English. Every time a patient needed some help I couldn’t understand. The only thing I could do was say “no entiendo” and find someone else to help him/her. This made me feel really upset. But things kept getting better and better. I learned some words like: toalla, cocina, baño etc. These were easy words but it helped in my work a lot. And started to get familiar with individual patients, about their habitats, when to give medicine and how to prepare their food etc. It made me feel good, I’m really helping them. I’m so happy that I could come to Spain and meet so many people here along with learning about different cultures and how to help disabled people. It’s really a good experience.

Chia-Jung Shih (Taiwan) Project Dema


It’s an unforgettable life experience. I work with four volunteers, two whom are Spanish. It was hard for me to adapt to the life and the work at the first week. I have to prepare the food, take care of the mice, cleaning, grassing etc. I think the people there are all interesting, they teach me a lot about how to live life. Day by day, I can enjoy the work and try to do the job by myself. During the project, they also took me to Sevilla and a small town to visit the wild animal hospital. It was cool and a lot of fun. I think the project in Dema is wonderful, and I can learn a lot not only from work but also from the lifestyle. I tried to cook for myself. After the project, I think I have become more brave and independent. I can conquer the difficulties of the future with this experience. I enjoyed it a lot, ¡Gracias!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario