viernes, 11 de septiembre de 2015

Logbook about my experience in Belfast.

7th Entry: August

Summer is over. And for the first time, I am happier than not about it. To begin with, it was never real summer up here. I was working and it was raining. But most fundamentally, Belfast will now fill up with new people (students, Erasmus, EVS…) and activities. Nevertheless, I managed to enjoy a very busy August.

It ended the same way it began: with a festival. The former, SunflowerFest, was simply the best festival in my life. Every single soul in there was so affable and considerate. It was an immense pleasure to work with my fellow volunteers, to banter with the cheerful campers, to sing and dance along the many talented artists, to explore around the exotic traders... By the time my EVS friends arrived on Saturday, they exclaimed I was already friends with the whole site! I likewise took pride in the brilliant feedback my supervisor addressed to me.
The Mela Festival, for its part, was a smaller but nevertheless alluring one. It was a sunny last Sunday of the month, and the place was jammed with colorful fancy dresses, mouth-watering pleasant aromas, and every imaginable arts & crafts stand. A clash of melodies from every corner of the world resonated on every corner of the Botanic Gardens.


Now, what happened in between these two magnificent events? Well, I was away every single weekend. We drove all the way down to the majestic Cliffs of Moher, we stayed the night at lively Galway, we cycled around the pouring and howling Aran Islands, we toured through Connemara, Westport, Castlebar, Sligo and Enniskillen… Next weekend we camped and climbed the Sleeve Donard, and mountain-biked across Castlewellan National Park… Next, and Anna’s last one, we both visited Armagh Planetarium, and next day I had a delightful bike ride along the coastline from Belfast to Bangor. I will miss the summer daylight, but at least I will rest assured I squeezed it. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario