jueves, 26 de febrero de 2015

Experiencia de Kirk (Chun-Ting) en Monsagro y Basida

"Time flies, I’ve finished my volunteer projects in Spain. One month ago, I arrived to Madrid with only one Spanish phrase – no entiendo. And now, I know more Spanish vocabulary to survive. Most of the Spanish are nice, friendly and passionate. 

Due to the weather conditions, I did two projects during my short term volunteering. The first one was working in a natural park with an experienced and nice group. Although I had to wake up at 5:30am and go to work at 6:30am, I enjoyed the life and the work very much. Monsagro is a small town, and the nature is very beautiful. During my stay in Monsagro I was able to take part in various tasks such as: I assisted in fixing the hiking trails, building a fountain, a reservoir and a warehouse. The work was diverse and very interesting to me. Besides, the working group is very friendly, everyone treated me kindly and helped me a lot with everything. Due to the snowfall  this project was finished earlier than I thought. Then the second project was in Basida Aranjuez. Basida functions as a care home for HIV patients, disabled people and drug-addict people. Basida is kind of an isolated community. It has been running for a long time. And it is a good place for people in need. However, the working environment was not very appealing and easy for me. Luckily, I had other volunteers with whom I could consult and share the difficult moments together.

My volunteering in Spain was a huge decision in my life. And I didn´t regret it. Thanks a lot."
Chun-Ting Wu, ICYE STePs voluntario de Taiwan

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario